Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"Jesus was deeply troubled"
Jn 13:21-33, 36-38


Last week, I received a question, " Do you pray to Jesus more than to God? "

Catholic Church believes in Trinity, which testifies that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit all root back to One God. The question was from a protestant friend who was wondering what Catholic view of Jesus is.

Apparently, some branches of Christians take Jesus as a separate entity from the Father and the Holy Spirit, but I define each as different "faces" of God. From what I was told, Jesus is the human form of God and he is God. And this makes so much sense to me.

The verse I chose today stood out to me especially because Jesus suffers under the thought of his disciple's betrayal and is "deeply troubled." These words are very relate-able. We all share those moments with him. Jesus knows his Father's plan and understands that he will have to "lay down his life" in order to fulfill it. As a human, he is frightened. He wants to withdraw.

We see our God's human side. Through his suffering and death, we come to feel closer to Jesus as another human being, and by sharing the same human emotions, we can relate to his experiences in a better point of view. The concept of "resurrection" becomes clearer.

In order to reborn, there has to be death. Overcoming death is resurrection. We, too, can overcome what kills us and believe that we will born again.

Amen.

5 comments:

  1. You are coming to your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it seem like it?
    I feel like a foreigner in my own world. I am trying so hard to see my color but it's so hard! +_+

    ReplyDelete
  3. But surely, I am on the quest to find it and will get there :) thank u..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. Searching/forming definitions of your own is definitely coming to your colors. The more you learn, you realize more that you have only questions and no firm answers. Enjoy the quest, for the quest itself is everything to be enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a pleasant change during Easter Vigil mass tonight-- I started to get excited for this QUEST!
    :D

    ReplyDelete