Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Come back to Yaweh your God" -Jl 2:12-18

This is my confession.
Lately, my brain's been lazy.
Hedonism is my concurrent life philosophy, and I--formerly my harshest critic--am just letting myself go loose. Carpe diem, I say. Seize the moment and worry tomorrow, that is.

In a positive light, my life is full of delightful vibes. I've come to relax and pay more attention to what brings me pleasure, rather than logically solving what I've ought to do despite my will. I am more opened, flexible, and free. MmMm. Life is good.

In the other hand, letting myself go loose brings with it much risk in creating leaks. My pursuit of perfectionism leaks. My unwavering motivation in research also leaks. Lastly [or perhaps there are more] my spirituality leaks into flamboyant little leaks that have no shame in escaping me.

Yes, so... presence of God has been missing in my lazy brain
....except during routinely recited meal- and bedtime prayers.

'Tis Lent.



I'm hoping to rebound and dunk. So here, my brothers and sisters, I declare that I will be reading and contemplating over lectio divina ("the holy reading") and record my inner voice in this little place, this blog. This is not meant to be showy but the purpose of such is to invite whoever may come across my writing to join me in re-thinking about some of the lessons that God (or "Life" in case the reader is not Christian) has to teach us. And hey, this could be my means of keeping myself accountable, right?

Moni, coming back to her Yaweh, her God :)

No comments:

Post a Comment