Tuesday, April 12, 2011

징검다리도 폴짝폴짝

" The one who sent me is with me.
He has not left me alone,
because I always do what is pleasing to him "


Back in the days when I was a Biology major, I couldn't understand why I have to go through a year of general chemistry, calculus, physics, and all their wonderful supplementary labs.

Amidst ochem class' 58% average midterm grades and hand-numbing nights of lab reports, I realize that Psychology, actually is my thing. But to take major classes, I had to take statistics and computer programming. I could not be more furious.

To be a hair designer, you start from washing people's greasy hair.
To be a chef, you start from peeling onions and washing dishes.
To be a journalist, you start from xeroxing a forest worth of trees.

We all know that there are stepping-stones to your destination.
That is, there is always a starting point and there is always a river that separates you from the end point. Our job is to cross that river...somehow.

People in my generation--we work hard and are often treated unfairly. Stress is our keyword and a common denominator. I feel that our conversational topics have skipped to work talk and all related stress from bosses, projects, late-night works, etc.

But friends, let us get there.
"You are not alone," says Michael Jackson.
"Just do it," says Nike.
God has not left us alone...ㅠㅜ

Cheers!

P.S. To Ph.D. pursuing students, my dear comrades:

ㅎㅎ 갈길이 멀구.......나

2 comments:

  1. "승리는 끈기있는 자의 몫이다."

    mama koo drilled this into my head and I plastered it onto my wall upon graduating last year. so true moni so true.

    it's like I always want to pitch in my two cents on your posts but i can't help it!i'm just compelled to respond. i guess this testifies to how unified the human experience is..

    ReplyDelete
  2. especially you and me, jkoo ;)
    yes, indeed. 승리는 끈기있는..자..의...
    oh man..i am losing it these days! yikes!

    ReplyDelete