Sunday, March 20, 2011

Kim's speech--retouched

So I cheated last night and made a pseudo-posting.
Therefore, here is another one on the same reading. This was meant to be written before bed last night...except I was terribly tired.

----

1, There were many things I got out of the Bible Life retreat in 2004, but one tangible "souvenir" I brought home with me was a bookmark with the verse: "You will be a blessing-Genesis 12". Everyone chose one blindly, and because I just happened to choose the one with that verse on it, I felt like God was really trying to tell me that I was intended to be a blessing. Thus, this particular verse is a special one to me.

2. With the exception of blessing someone after a sneeze, having to verbally bless another may be of the most truthful depth of human kindness. Really, what other phrase can better express that you are caring for someone? Even the phrase "I love you" is often used too liberally and can be said untruthfully. When you say you wish God's blessing is with another, you are saying that you mind his/her well-being so much that you bring God into the picture of bringing the best for you. Bless you. You are a blessing. I can't imagine sharing my plead for His blessing with someone I am not fond of. Can you?


3. As I was writing the above paragraph, I came to realize that I am frugal in putting that verse into a good use. We are indeed, all bunch of blessings to this world and must be recognized.

No comments:

Post a Comment