Tuesday, July 13, 2010

성장통

Now when I look back, this sounds ridiculous (and I laugh to myself) but in 6th grade, I believed I could understand how the world operates.

It still sounds ridiculous but when I was entering college, I thought I was ready to get completely out of my parents' nest. Though "moving out" was a huge transition and a big jump from a teenager to a young adult, little did I know about what it means to be a flying bird soaring up to the high altitude on my own.

Ok. By the time I went to Boston, I was a grown-up. At least I thought so.
Financially-- I was independent.
Physically-- I couldn't be more liberated (c'mon. being alone in the strange land?)
Mentally-- I tried.

There are many things that I have accomplished within the last year, but on a personal level, my biggest struggle and an achievement was...ripening.

Sadly but appropriately, I don't believe in Peter Pan's Neverland anymore.

Until this moment of epiphany, I had direly held onto my vision of a pretty world.
I only chose to see pretty things in life, goodness of people, and cure-all nature of love.
But from what I've seen...Monica 김현아, there is no cure-all.

I woke up from a child's dream as I heard the glasses shatter.
And I said, "It was a good dream," as I opened my eyes.

My eyes are more sensitive to the reality of this world but I realize this isn't all that bad...
because this means that they are also sensitive to the jewels of this world that much more too

...like this fresh green field in the middle of a desert!


4 comments:

  1. I think growing up is hard cuz we think we're all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 현아, 내 번호 011 9865 0894
    한국에 무사히 들어왔겠구나 !

    ReplyDelete
  3. 아로미야!
    아직 안들어갔어.
    내가 도착하면 연락할께! :)

    ReplyDelete