Thursday, January 7, 2010

What do you know

I can tell you this right up front: People who presumptuously bash religion other than theirs annoy me greatly.

And trust me--not that many things in this world annoy me. But this topic of religious intolerance troubles me in a very unique and peculiar way that I feel a second Hyun coming out of my ego.

Religion is a very sensitive issue to me and I assume that it'd be the same for others. For the most part, it formulates and cultivates vast part of our identity, and it dominates our interior universe to a great extent. I am not only a Korean, but I am unofficially part American, a Californian heterosexual female, who is Roman Catholic and associates herself more with the Democratic party. There are much more to what makes up of me, but sure, each components take great parts in what comprises my ideology and life philosophy. With this in mind, the point that I want to make here is, that when you belittle one's religious views, your attack is not only directed toward the person's church or temple, but it also creates devastating adversity that is equivalent of personal destruction of his or her overall sentience and the cognitive entirety.

We've been struggling so hard with this fight that shouts out equality. As we continue to expedite our way toward racial/gender/cultural tolerance, why is it so troublesome now to accept the fact that people can be (or more like, people are) different?

Ok.
I have much much to say about this issue, and it's been aggravated in the anger chamber of my emotional house.

But my body tells me that I don't have enough energy to vent so enthusiastically.
...
So I sleep.
what a weak sauce you are, Angry Kim.

5 comments:

  1. weak sauce. :P
    (but better than blend sauce)

    ReplyDelete
  2. meant 'bland' not 'blend'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second comment gave me a hint!
    I think I know who this is... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I talked to you online as i was waiting for my laundry to be done. And I told you that I went into the wrong apartment after I got my laundry.

    ReplyDelete