Monday, September 14, 2009

어린왕자2


"People haven't time to learn anything.

They buy things ready-made in stores. But
since there are no stores where you can buy
friends, people no longer have friends."





Our hearts are often troubled during the process of acknowledging that we
are all just different people. Sometimes, we hope others would take part of
our emotions, feelings, and thoughts at this exact moment;
and from deep down under,we even expect them to reciprocate our dear effort
to connect to them. Perhaps, all we need is just two words: "I understand."

Not everybody understands me, nor do I feel everyone.
In fact, this oh-so-natural occurrence brings much more excitement to
meeting new people, as I have realized within the past week.
Whew-! Such a relief how we can't customize people the way we want!
(Can you even imagine building friends like you build stuffed animals
at Build-A-Bear stores? Or do you dare to have instant, microwaveable friends
who you revitalize, only to make slaves of your words?)

I am truly appreciating my 인복 (=blessing for acquaintances). Every time I attempt to
whine and ask God for explanations, he gives a little bang on the head by
(somehow) getting my family and friends' voices to reach my soul. He does this
ever so often, and doesn't hesitate to overwhelm me with new voices from
new encounters too.

So he continues with the ultimate 인복 blueprinting for Hyun Monica.
People I met in Boston (so far) have been--beyond my expectation--inspirational, and I plan
to use all my talking and listening abilities to communicate with their beautiful minds.
This posting is a reminder for myself to reassure that I absorb and tolerate differences
that I may come upon. No surprise and just...

Cheers ♩

No comments:

Post a Comment