Thursday, December 27, 2012

Confession

Confession is the act of opening yourself totally up to your most vulnerable state, verbalizing your wrong-doings, and asking dearly for forgiveness. In Catholic Church, we find a priest and pray that God will grant us forgiveness. We sin, we repent, we sin again, and we repent. Again in an endless cycle.

The first step to Confession is admitting that you have been evil.... is what I used to think. But "admitting" per se requires some brain action; it requires cognition and a substantial progession of self-criticism. What comes before recognition is our gut feeling--namely, instinct. The prologue to this entire process is feeling guilty. We feel guilty and humble. We say to ourselves, "Something does not feel right."

This is my exact sentiment. Something has gone and I found myself compromising with my own faults. My head did not know for a long time--for the very act of "compromising" produces little realization--until the day of Christmas that I fully admitted that, God, I have sinned against you and against people...there has been no center in me...there has been a lack of mercy towards others. How I came to learn this is through my own shameful heart which pulled me away from looking straight at the cross on the pillar. The moment I stepped into the church a grand wave of guilt flooded me over and I knew immediately that I am not ready to embrace the glory of Him on the very day he was born.

There are many things I have done wrong. But this a good beginning. This is a realization which will soon (I hope) translate to constructive criticism. Hey it's end of the year. Hey what better timing can you find to start over :)

No comments:

Post a Comment