Sunday, April 10, 2011

avec mon Dieu

Last weekend on this blog, I was anticipating today's Gospel because it is the last one of the "important" readings that all candidates for Baptism is required to learn. Several parts of today's reading stood out to me. My own interpretations and meditations are attached.

1.
“Master, the one you love is ill.”
then Jesus heard this he said,
'This illness is not to end in death, but is for the glory of God
,
that the Son of God may be glorified through it.'”

Jesus reminds us that troubles do not take us to more fragile state but rather, they are means to keep us stronger and glorified. Through illness, we undestand our own weaknesses, and through illness, we experience God's mercy. Illness is granted only to the extent that we humans can take, and through endurance, we build character.

2.
"When Jesus saw her weeping and the Jews who had come with her weeping,
he became perturbed and deeply troubled, and said,
'Where have you laid him?'
They said to him, 'Sir, come and see.'
And Jesus wept
.
So the Jews said, 'See how he loved him.'”

Not many times in the scripture do I find Jesus in tears. To me, Jesus approaches to me as a different entity from the Holy Spirit because Jesus is the human side of God. When I read this verse, I felt God's sympathy and tenderness. He weeps when he sees his loved ones suffer. There are times when we view our misfortunes as punishments. But God may be crying with us at those moments, though he knows our encounters in life are directed for the better in the end.

3.
I am the resurrection and the life;
whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live,
and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die."

A familiar verse. This verse is the conclusion of the trilogy. Firstly, we heard that God is water, then we find that he is the light, and now, this verse--he is the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in him will gain eternal life. 이제와 항상 영원히 아멘.

No comments:

Post a Comment