Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Classic.

If I were living my mom's life, I'd be getting married at this exact day
...as a 24 year-old young bride, still confused but excited for her newly wed life.
Mommy Sungho says she liked my dad's serene and gentle aura when she first met him (she has a boyish name). She says she could trust that he will take care of her.


I don't know what Daddy Minkyung's story is (and I can never milk it out of his stubborn mouth) but according to his friends, they were all very surprised when my dad showed up to a gathering with my mom. "What? Minkyung's brought a girl?" (my dad has a girly name)


25 years ago, on this day my parents got married.
Out of those 25 long years, they been away from each other for too long. (흠 그건 내가 죄송)
But it's still there. They are still there, singing at a church choir together and hiking at nearby mountains every so often.

And the year after that, their beautiful daughter makes her grand entrance to this wonderful world. This girl is a 20-something-years-old but she is still a tadpole in their eyes. (매일 문자로 "아침은 먹었니?", "집에 가면 먹을껀 있니?")



And 4 years later, this thing joins the family ()


Since 2005, we've been one family with three different homes (not to mention having more than one home since 1999), but we know that our headquarter, the base camp, and the citadel is where 아빠 and 엄마 are.

아부지 어머니, 결혼 25주년 축하해유~

And because it's conveniently the day of Thanksgiving, let me just say that I am wholeheartedly thankful for my bestestestestest mommy and daddy ...and maybe my brother steppi.

학빈아, 누나 대전 내려간다. 메롱 그리고 미안 ㅠㅜ

4 comments:

  1. nice, i miss you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. 결혼 기념일 축하드려요 :)
    그리고 우리 사랑스러운 친구
    모니를 주셔서 너무너무 감사드려요 :)

    ReplyDelete