Monday, October 4, 2010

위기

America runs on Dunkin.
...or so they say.


Korea runs on kimchi.
...and it's a fact.


Obnoxious inflation on cabbage prices in the market has brought a cascade of some fantastical phenomena.

one cabbage costs 15000 won (~$13), dollar value some restaurants started posting up signs that says, "Pay extra 2000 won (~$1.5) if you want an extra [miniscule] side dish of kimchi :D" Neologism "금치" arises from gold-chi Korea Univ. Hospital started serving alternatives, such as 깍두기 (raddish kimchi), and it's been cabbage-free for 2 straight weeks newspaper says a lady got caught while stealing 10 cabbages. Asked why and she confesses, "I wanted to eat kimchi (김치 먹고 싶어서)" Pres. Rhee attempts to confort poor Korean souls by stating that soon, massive amount of cabbages will be imported from China

The highlight of my Monday became the moment when I found a container full of frozen 김치찌개(kimchi containing stew) that probably has been sitting in my fridge since July ♬

For those of you who don't know, there's a song--it's a pretty serious song--that was written by someone who obviously had deep insight about Korean energy source: "김치 없인 못살아 정말 못살아! (I can't live without kimchi, I really can't!)"

What a disaster..쩝..
우왕와왕ㅇ왕



요즘 한국에서 유행은 고기 안에 상추를 쌈해먹는 것이랍니다~ :)

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed today's read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you FedEx me some korean food :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This coming from a lady residing in Korea...
    You are more blessed with Korean food there than I am here.

    ReplyDelete